[BY REGISTERING YOUR DETAILS ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA AS DESCRIBED IN THE FOLLOWING POLICY]
- Specs Clinic ("us") operate: www.specsclinic.com (this "Website") for customers who want to purchase our goods and services("you").
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- Personal data relating to users of Internet viewing the Website, may be collected through the Website on each of the following occasions:
- by our web servers or by cookies when you are browsing the Site;
- when you send an email to us through the Website, for instance when you submit an Order Form;
- by the Website on registration for online ordering;
- your personal data will be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide goods and services, including after sales services.
3. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
- A cookie is data that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you access a website. All Websites makes use of the following types of cookie technology:
- A "Session cookie", is automatically allocated to your computer by the webserver for the duration of your visit. It is meant to make your use of the Website faster and easier. It will be deactivated after just thirty minutes of inactivity on the Website and will be removed from your computer when you close your browser.
- A "Script generated cookies" are automatically allocated to your computer when you register to access any restricted areas of the Website and on each subsequent visit. It only contains an identifier which will enable the Webite to identify you as a registered user so that you do not have to identify yourself again while you move from one server to another during your visit. It will remain on your computer after your visit until you remove it.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- We may use third-party advertising companies or affiliates to display advertisements on this website. Third-party advertising companies or affiliates may separately place or recognise a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to this Website. We cannot see this information collected or stored in third party cookies. We do not provide personal data about you to any third party advertisers or affiliates.
4. REMOVING AND DISABLING COOKIES
- If you don’t want us to place cookies on your computer at all, you can set your browser to disable or reject cookies. This will mean that no websites will be able to place cookies on your computer. You can do this by adjusting the preferences within your browser. This may mean, however, that you will not be able to enjoy full use of all parts of this Website.
- If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. This will not prevent websites from placing further cookies on your computer.
6. TRANSFER OF THE DATA COLLECTED WHEN USING THIS WEBSITE TO THIRD PARTIES
- Data collected by web servers and cookies is not transferred to any third parties. Data collected on sending an email may be provided, to the extent necessary to handle your order.
7. TRANSFERRING YOUR DATA OUTSIDE EEC
- We will not transfer your data outside Europe.
8. SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTS ( SAR )
You have the following rights:
- a subject access right enables you to be told whether we hold any personal data about you and to obtain a copy of that information;
- to get personal data relating to you rectified, completed, updated, blocked or erased when incomplete, unclear, obsolete or processed unlawfully;
- to object to the processing of data relating to you on legitimate grounds and a right to object free of charge to the use of data for solicitation purposes.
- We will comply with such rights as provided under applicable law. If you wish to exercise your subject access right, please contact us in writing at the address set out in the Website with comprehensive information to identify yourself and the information you require. We will respond to your request within 60 days. We reserve the right to charge £10 for complying with any subject access request.
- Except if required to disclose by law, the data supplied by you will be kept on the Website’s secured servers and computer systems.
10. LINKS FROM THE WEBSITE TO OTHER WEBSITES
- We reserve the right to change this Policy and reserve the right to do so. Any changes to the Policy will appear within this page, which you should check. By continuing to use the Website you are deemed to accept any changes to this Policy.
12. CONTACTING US
- If you have any questions about this policy or want to discuss how we handle your data you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org